CRS Semi-Automatic Crimping Machine for Pail Fillers and Drum Closing Machines
Pail and Drum Closers / Crimpers
Range of Containers:
Crandall pail crimpers may be adopted to all size lug cover pails and to many plastic pails with pressure lids. Closing heads are interchangeable, allowing more than one size and type of container to be closed on the same machine. Special models are available for holding the tops of drums with ring seals while the ring is attached. (For higher speed closing of plastic pails, see the Model PPC5 and PPD closers.)
Estimated Containers Per Minute
NOTE: To close more than one size or type of container, special attachments may be necessary.
The closers can be quickly installed by your present plant personnel. The only connections to be made ore to your own 3/8" plant air line; on machines with motorized conveyors the motor must be connected to a switched connection. Motors may be provided in all 50 and 60 Hz electrics. Conveyor height of the CRS and CRA model machines are made to meet your existing conveyors.
CRA Automatic Models:
The lids are placed on the pail before entering the machine. The machine automatically indexes the pail, closes, and discharges the pail.
The operator places the lid, moves the pail beneath the closing head, then presses the two operating buttons. When the operator releases the operating buttons, the closing head returns to its up position. On the CRS/220, the pressure head remains down, holding the drum lid tight while the operator places the ring clamp, the pressure head rises when the operator presses the release button.
CRT Table Top Semi Automatic Models:
The operator places the lid, moves the pail below the closing head then presses the two operating buttons. This model does not include legs or conveyor.
Change of Container:
Crimper heads on CRT, CRS and CRA models can be changed with little effort -simply release the lock nut and the closing head threads off the holding shaft. Height adjustment is done by use of the rack and gear system. On CRA models, can guides are easily adjustable to accommodate different size pails.
Crandall crimpers are designed so that no technician is necessary to make minor repairs. All bolts and fittings are standard sizes and require no special tools.
CRA Automatic Models:
No operator is necessary at the machine. The lids may be placed before discharging the container from the filling machine. A guard is at the closing station.
CRS and CRT Models:
A two-hand-anti-tie-down system requires the operator to use both hands to operate the machine.
* All models are totally non-electric in operation. Motors used for motorized conveyors are Class 1, Group D, Explosion Proof: UL and CSA approved.
- CRT/25, CRT/60: 24" x 30' (61 cm x 76 cm)
- CRS/25: 29" x 45" (73 cm x 115 cm)
- CRS/60: 39" x 45" (99 cm x 115 cm)
- CRS/60P, CRS/220: 50" x 45" (125 cm x 115 cm)
- CRA/25: 73" x 33" (185 cm x 83 cm)
- CRA/60: 73" x 37" (185 cm x 93 cm)
Approximate Shipping Weight:
- CRT/25: 695 1 bs (315 kg)
- CRT/60: 800 lbs (365 kg)
- CRS/25: 850 lbs (385 kg)
- CRS/60: 1000 lbs (455 kg)
- CRS/60P, CRS/220: 1400 lbs (635 kg)
- CRA/25: 1200 lbs (545 kg) CRA/60: 1400 lbs (645 kg)
Approximate Shipping Dimensions:
- CRT/25: 30 x 36 x 60" (76 x 91 x 152 cm)
- CRT/60: 30 x 36 x 72" (76 x 91 x 185 cm)
- CRS/25: 52 x 39 x 72" (132 x 99 x 185cm)
- CRS/60: 52 x 43 x 80" (132 x 109x203 cm)
- CRS/60P, CRS/220: 52 x 60 x 84" (132 x 152 x 216 cm)
- CRA/25: 77 x 37 x 71 " (195 x 93 x 180 cm)
- CRA/60: 77 x 39 x 80"(195x 100x210 cm)
Approximate Air Usage:
- CRT/25, CRT/60, CRS/25, CRS/60, CRS/60P, CRS/220:
2 cu. ft. at 80 p.s.i.g. per-minute (60 liters at 5.7 kg/sq. cm. per-minute
- CRA/25, CRA/60:
4 cu. ft. at 80 p.s.i.g. per minute (125 liters at 5.7 kg/sq. cm).
Motorized lnfeed Conveyor on CRA/25:
(Standard on CRA/60): Aids infeed of containers to the machine. Recommended for products which are not lubricants. Required for machines closing containers smaller than 5 gallons (20 liters).
Additional closing heads:
For closing more than one size or type container on the same machine.
Specially designed machines may be manufactured to meet your special requirements.